Gilmore Girls Limited-Series Revival Set at Netflix

« Older   Newer »
Alyss..
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 06:44

DAI.

Gilmore Girls Limited-Series Revival Set at Netflix — This Is Not a Drill

THIS JUST IN: We’re getting those final four words!

Sources confirm that Netflix has closed a deal with Warner Bros. for a limited-series revival of Gilmore Girls penned by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino.

Although negotiations with the cast are only now beginning, I’m told all of the major players — most notably Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Kelly Bishop and Scott Patterson — are expected back for the continuation. Additionally, per multiple insiders, the revival will consist of four 90-minute episodes/mini-movies.

Reps for Warner Bros. and Netflix declined to comment for this story.

And I repeat: This is not a drill.

The deal allows Sherman-Palladino — who left the original series prior to the final season amid a contract dispute with Warner Bros. — to conclude Gilmore Girls as she always intended, right through to those elusive final four words.

AS-P addressed the possibility of a revival over the summer when she reunited with the show’s cast at the ATX TV Festival. “It would have to be the right everything — the right format, the right timing,” she said. “If it ever happened, I promise we’ll do it correctly.”

When I interviewed AS-P in 2009 at Entertainment Weekly, she conceded that the events of the show’s final seventh season didn’t match up with the end game she envisioned for Lorelai, Rory & Co. “I haven’t [actually] seen the last season,” she said at the time, “but I heard about it from other people.”

Even back then, AS-P remained hopeful that she would get to conclude the Gilmore story on her terms, via a limited series or movie. “The beauty of Gilmore, and the beauty of family-relationship shows, is you never really run out of story,” she said. “You’re going to battle your family until you’re all in the ground. Those things never resolve, doesn’t matter how much therapy you get. Ten years later, there’s still going to be [material] there to mine and to delve into.”

Gilmore Girls premiered on the now-defunct WB network in 2000, before transferring to spinoff net The CW in 2006 for its final season.

Did I mention that this isn’t a drill?

---

Gilmore Girls Revival on Netflix: Yep, There Will Be a [Spoiler]

Now that the initial shock surrounding the Gilmore Girls announcement heard ’round the galaxy is beginning to wear off — is it though? — you’re likely moving on to Stage 2 of TV Revival Euphoria known as the “We need more scoop!” phase.

As TVLine reported, Netflix’s in-the-works Gilmore continuation will consist of four 90-minute mini-movies written by series creator Amy Sherman-Palladino and exec producer Daniel Palladino (AKA Team Palladino).

Well, I’m also hearing that, yep, there will be a time jump. According to sources, the story that Team Palladino pitched to Netflix meets up with Lorelai, Rory, Emily & Co. in the present day, or roughly eight years after the series ended.

And here’s another tidbit: The plan, as I understand it, is for most — if not all — of Rory’s major suitors (i.e. Logan, Jess and Dean) to turn up in the four super-sized installments.

Oh, and lastly, have I mentioned this is not a drill?

Credo che ad Ausiello stia venendo un embolo tanto quanto a noi ahahah

Edited by Alyss.. - 20/10/2015, 12:25

view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 10:32

Millennium Member

Group:
Administrator

:o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o: :o:

view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 10:53

Millennium Member

Group:
Administrator

dai adesso voglio date, spoiler, personaggi, trame, tutto.

anigif_original-6808-1445320215-3

Alyss..
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 11:15

tumblr_inline_nwiii0b0lA1qzctk2_500

Non riesco più ad esprimermi ahahah

view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 12:00

Millennium Member

Group:
Administrator

^ non si vede :(

~Mars.
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 13:18

ahahah mi sembra di essermi svegliata e di essere tornata a 10 anni fa..
com'è strano usare un forum mio dio

ahahah comunque can't wait *_*

;pheebs
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 13:40

Mi sembra tutto così surreale che quasi stento a crederci. PALLAAAAAAA NON CI DELUDERE PLS.

view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 13:56

Millennium Member

Group:
Administrator

CITAZIONE (~Mars. @ 20/10/2015, 14:18) 
com'è strano usare un forum mio dio

ma non è allo stesso tempo bellissimo?
tutto così organizzato...
le sottosezioni :o:

Penny®
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 14:23

che bello rivedervi tutte :D

..junkie.
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 22:54

QUOTE (Alyss.. @ 20/10/2015, 11:43) 
tumblr_inline_nwhxieEexe1r6jyaf_500

AHAHAHAHAH

lolaventimiglia
view post Posted on 20/10/2015, 23:52

Okkkk avevo perso il profilo e l'ho ricreato con lo stesso nickname in memoria dei vecchi tempi!

È da ieri sera che sono incredula!!!!
L'abbiamo tanto aspettato e adesso avremo finalmente il finale che sognavamo *___*

Alyss..
view post Posted on 21/10/2015, 06:35

Non cantare vittoria troppo presto potrebbero fare danni. lol

Non penso ma AHAHAH un po di timore c'è.

--

Ma vogliamo parlare di ciò che mi arà piangere nel vero senso della parola.
Che ci sarà Emily senza Richard.
Che o ci becchiamo il funerale o comunque sapremo che è morto.
Non fa malissimo? :cry:

lolaventimiglia
view post Posted on 21/10/2015, 07:27

Ahahahah si lo so che tutto può succedere, ma almeno sarà il finale pensato da ASP e non una roba random come quella che abbiamo visto nella s7...

---

La mancanza di Richard sarà un colpo durissimo :( Penso che però sapranno omaggiarlo al meglio <3
Certo è che per quattro episodi ci commuoveremo spesso!

57 replies since 20/10/2015, 06:44   1197 views